How to Match Your Shoes to Your Outfit
Simply put, wearing a dress with matching shoes has its perks. First, it elongates the legs, and second, it also gives a sort of unexpected polish to pretty much anything you’re wearing. Here is a few tips for you;
- Choose shoes that are one shade darker than your outfit.*
Opt for a pair of shoes a hair darker than your outfit. The difference in color will be barely noticeable to most, but will prevent your colors from clashing.
- Try styling an outfit with slight variations on a single color.*
Choose a single color as a starting point and choose pieces in colors that are just slightly different from each other when picking out your outfit, shoes, and bag.
- Make sure your shoes are not both the same color and material as your outfit.*
Be careful not to match the material of your outfit to your shoes. Instead, choose shoes in the same color as what you are wearing, but in a different material.
- Get matchy-matchy with your more casual clothes.*
Throw out the rule that you should only match your shoes to your outfit for occasions that are more formal.
- Make a big statement, and mix patterns.*
Mix and match a few other colors and prints in to your outfit, too, if you are ready to try this. Also, be wary of mixing similar prints that are slightly different.